Saturday, January 31, 2015

Power Brunch!

Okay no recipe today but an inspiration that will take you minutes to make and hours to burn....this is filling, fulfilling, and GOOD FOR YOU! This week, I had 6 hours of Zumba® Fitness in 3 days....talk about calorie burn!

What is it?

One whole grain breakfast pita. I get these at Costco and put them in the freezer right away. When I want one, I take one out and pop it in the toaster. Spilt it down the middle by gently cutting around the edge and pulling the two halves apart. They are good, good for you, and toast up really well - crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Most importantly, they don't fall apart!

2 eggs lightly fried. Buy yourself a REALLY good non-stick pan and USE it! You will save on using all that fat to keep the eggs from sticking. Oh and when the pan gets old, THROW IT OUT! Seriously.

2 slices of bacon. Confession: I cheat when it comes to bacon. I buy the pre-cooked stuff at Costco and pop it in the microwave when I want some. Honestly, it really is less greasy than cooking up fresh bacon and who wants that mess?? Super handy too!!

Piece of avocado, fresh, sliced.

Aged white cheddar. Take it easy, you only need a little bit. There is more flavour in AGED cheese so you can use less of it when preparing your favourite foods. Sneaky hey? Get rid of a few calories without sacrificing flavour.

Throw in some tomato slices if you want but I think it gets mushy...that's just me. It is your sandwich.

Oh and some hot sauce, duh!

Burp.

Take that McD's and Timmies....you ain't got nuthin' on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment